The objective of this group activity is to create a video that demonstrates all you have learnt about Global Warming during this last weeks, and think which measures you are going to take to go green. You will be working in groups of 3 or 4. In the video you must include at least:
- 3 facts you learnt about Global Warming. You can record yourselves speaking in front of camera and explaining the facts or you can use pictures including text on them with the proper explanation.
- 3 things you are already doing to preserve the environment. You have to record yourselves doing the action and explaining why is good for the environment. If it’s not possible to record, then use pictures with text.
- 3 new actions you are going to start doing so as not to enhance the Global Warming. If you can record them would be the best option. If you can’t, then use some pictures. In any case you have to explain why you decided to take that action and how you are going to contribute to the environment.
- 3 things you identify that are wrong and promote the Global Warming. Walk around your neighborhood and try to identify things that happen and are wrong. Decide what’s more appropriate in each case, weather to record a video or take a picture. You will have to explain what is wrong in each situation and say what the right thing to do is.
The roles you take in this activity are up to you. You could have a camera operator or take turns. But it’s better if you all appear in the video. Once you have you movie finished, you have to upload it to YouTube and send me the link. You can choose if you want this video to be public or private. If you decide that you want it private, you will have to include the email of all the students from your class. Remember to share it with your family, they will be happy to see what you have done.
The steps recommended for this activity are:
- Identify the 3 things learnt about Global Warming and write the key points. Think how you are going to include it in your video. How are you going to explain it?
- Make a list of what you are going to preserve the environment, and think why it helps. Think how you can record it and where. What would you say to the camera?
- Think of the future action you are going to take. Can you record them? Why are they beneficial? If you can’t record them, can you take them pictures? Or do you have to find them online? How are you going to explain those actions?
- How are you going to find the actions that don’t help the Global Warming? Are you going to record them or take pictures?
- Watch some videos that you can find in YouTube, for example, about this topic that could inspire you. In resources, there are some videos that could help you.
- Make an outline of the whole video, as you can see, you can divide it in 4 parts, so it’s easier to organize. Then do not need to be in this order.
- Identify the roles of each of you. Who is going to record? You is going to speak? You is going to perform the actions?
- Start recording, taking pictures, and get all the data you need to include in the movie.
- Now you have to process all the information. You have to follow the outline you made for you movie.
- Video software: Windows Movie Maker download, tutorial & video tutorial, iMovie download, tutorial & video tutorial.
- Videos that could inspire you: Green tips, How to go green, How to go green 2.
- Here you have more videos to explore.
- Remember to use all the resources we used during this unit.
- If you still have problems, don’t hesitate to ask.