Writing Formula, Complete And Net Ionic Equations
- In this unit, every reaction that produces a precipitate will be a double replacement reaction.
- A formula equation is a balanced chemical equation in which all the reactants and products are given by their formulae.
- A complete ionic equation shows all soluble ionic species broken into their respective ions.
- Unreacted ions shown on the product side are called spectator ions. They take no part in the reaction.
- A net ionic equation is an equation showing only the species which are actively involved in the reaction. The net ionic equation is formed by omitting the spectator ions from the complete ionic equation.
Tutorial Videos: 3-4Write Total and Net Ionic Equations.mp4 ,
Click here to check your learning. You should enter your email address. Moreover, you will be able to see your marks at the end. If you want to redo it then you can click at the link again to do second attempt.